- Category: War and Imperialism
- Published on Wednesday, 30 April 2014
- Written by ISN
Leeds Friends of Syria and LUU Revolutionary Socialists are organising a joint platform discussion on the topic of imperialism and the Syrian revolution. In the discussion we will be considering the position of the left in relation to Syria, in particular;
- what should the left's attitude be towards the revolutionary movement in Syria?
- what implications does this have for our perspective as anti-imperialists in the West?
- what should our position be in relation to Russian, Chinese and Iranian imperialist interests in the region?
Speakers confirmed include:
Marcus Halaby - Author of Revolution Under Siege
Jamie Allison - Professor of International Relations at the University of Westminster
Abdulaziz Almashi - Coordinator of the Syrian Community in the UK and co-founder of the Syrian Solidarity Movement
Mohamad Isreb - Syrian activist and lecturer at Bradford University